Communications & Campaigns Manager
APPLY BY: November 20, 2017 6PM EST
SUMMARY OF ADHIKAAR:
Adhikaar, meaning rights in Nepali, is a New York-based nonprofit organization working with Nepali-speaking communities to promote human rights and social justice for all. Established in 2005, Adhikaar is the only organization mobilizing the Nepali-speaking community in New York area to raise our voices and take collective action against injustices on issues affecting us through organizing, community education, grassroots advocacy, leadership development, and individual assistance, working in three program areas: workers’ rights, immigrant rights, and access to healthcare. It is a fast paced office with many programs going on at once and the right candidate will thrive in such an environment.
The Communications & Campaigns Manager (C&C) is responsible for leading, designing and managing Adhikaar’s communications strategy. The C&C Manager provides strategic direction, leadership and oversight to Adhikaar’s campaigns including the Healthy Nail Salon Campaign. They work with the Director of Organizing and Programs to develop advocacy efforts. The C&C Manager supervises staff, freelancers, interns and volunteers. The C&C Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
The C&C Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Campaign Strategy & Implementation
- Lead campaign strategy development and implementation by working closely with staff, member leaders and partners. Ensure that campaign goals are met.
- Represent Adhikaar at events to promote the organization’s mission and campaign work including with city, state, and national coalitions and working groups engaged in efforts relevant to Adhikaar’s campaign goals.
- Support research and publish reports on current policy issues.
- Work closely with Executive Director, Director of Organizing and Programs, member leaders and constituents to develop, implement and monitor campaigns.
Communications Strategy & Implementation
- Lead strategy and manage communications activities, content and efforts for the organization including but not limited to social media engagement, website, communications for special events, blog posts, newsletters and other written communications.
- Oversight and management of Adhikaar’s integrated communications calendar and ongoing development and execution of the organization’s content promotions and outreach strategy (online and offline).
Leadership, Management & Administration
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of Adhikaar’s campaign and communication plans to ensure that they meet goals and promote the organization’s mission & principles.
- Supervise campaign and communications staff and fellow(s), interns and volunteers.
- Work with Director of Organizing and Programs to build members leadership in campaigns and develop campaign trainings for members.
- Work with the Development and Research Coordinator to develop and actively maintain Adhikaar’s contact management system (database) and story collection system along with their metrics. This includes managing data entry, data integrity, training other staff, developing reports and other outputs.
- Record demographic information of campaign participants, and track participants for campaign specific milestones and outcomes.
- Provide regular campaign and communications updates.
Healthy Nail Salon Campaign
- Help provide a “big picture” of campaigns, its various moving pieces, and how it relates to the broader landscape facing the movements we work within, specifically for healthier nail and beauty salon industries on a national level.
- Regularly support Adhikaar and other coalition partners responsible for worker leadership development, outreach, legislative education, media and fundraising responsibilities; ongoing assessment of work and strategic plans.
- Help maintain and develop relationships with endorsing organizations of the campaign; help conduct outreach to new potential allies.
- Coordinate coalition meetings as needed: send out agendas with relevant materials; facilitate meetings; take minutes & distribute promptly as needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to Adhikaar’s mission of human rights and social justice.
- At least three years experience in communications and campaign work, preferable with grassroots organizations.
- This is a management position and the ideal candidate must possess prior non-profit management experience.
- Prior experience leading and developing strategy on grassroots membership based work is preferred.
- Experience working with coalitions preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following software and tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, Drupal, Salesforce or similar databases. Able to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to work in a team as well as lead independent projects.
- Bi-lingual: Nepali and English required; additional skills in Hindi and/or Tibetan preferred.
- Educational background in communications, public relations, media or related field might be considered to complement past non-profit experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Indicate HR Department in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume has been received unless your email is bounced back. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Application Deadline: November 20, 2017 6PM ESTEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES