Development and Research Coordinator
APPLY BY: November 6, 2017
SUMMARY OF ADHIKAAR:
Adhikaar, meaning rights in Nepali, is a New York-based nonprofit organization working with Nepali-speaking communities to promote human rights and social justice for all. Established in 2005, Adhikaar is the only organization mobilizing the Nepali-speaking community in New York area to raise our voices and take collective action against injustices on issues affecting us through organizing, community education, grassroots advocacy, leadership development, and individual assistance, working in three program areas: workers’ rights, immigrant rights, and access to healthcare. It is a fast paced office with many programs going on at once and the right candidate will thrive in such an environment.
The Development and Research Coordinator builds and strengthens Adhikaar’s fundraising, research, and evaluation capacity. They will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director in maintaining development grants, reports and other fundraising efforts including major fundraising events. The Development and Research Coordinator will lead research, evaluation and program documentation efforts at Adhikaar. They must be an excellent writer, comfortable working independently and under pressure; and also work as a team player in close collaboration with Adhikaar staff, partners and members.
The Development and Research Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Development & Operations
- Work with the Executive Director to develop funding proposals and reports, and prepare fundraising mailings and other efforts.
- Oversee fundraising tracking systems to ensure proposals, reports and funding prospects are completed in a timely manner.
- Organize or provide support coordinating fundraisers, donor programs, “Friends of Adhikaar” network and other events organized by or featuring Adhikaar.
- Support the management team to develop a system to track, document and assess programs, campaigns and services to support development and research efforts.
- Help maintain and strengthen funding partnerships and Adhikaar supporters.
- Support management of Adhikaar’s database(s), drives (currently google) and info account.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations in building the individual donor program and finance work as needed.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Represent Adhikaar at events to promote the organization’s mission and campaign work; act as liaison with funders as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Adhikaar’s Executive Director as needed.
Research & Evaluation
- Build and strengthen Adhikaar’s research and evaluation capacity, including developing and implementing strategic and program evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
- Proactively scope out and propose new research and data analysis projects that can help advance Adhikaar’s policy and advocacy agenda.
- Manage research projects, including: developing research questions and designs, collecting and cleaning data, analyzing data, analyzing policy, surfacing best practices, and presenting findings through written reports, presentations, web tools, and data visualizations.
- Coordinate and participate in the meetings with stakeholders; attend other major community events that will help advance the movement.
- Develop and disseminate publicity materials to reach different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to Adhikaar’s mission and vision.
- 3-5 years of experience with development and research preferably in a non-profit.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills including experience with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent computer skills including internet research, social media, Google apps, MS Office, and spreadsheet management. Experience with databases/or high degree of experience with Excel and other data management programs strongly preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines, with minimal supervision. Ability to work in an autonomous environment, be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Experience managing administrative tasks in a professional office environment.
- Experience working with immigrant women preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities, and the wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to work in a team as well as lead independent projects, and maintain good working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent English proficiency and Nepali preferred.
- Educational background in political science, research and nonprofit development might be considered to complement past non-profit experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
HOW TO APPLY: