The current openings are listed here whenever they are available. Please check out the internship and volunteer opportunities as well. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Posted on May 1, 2019
Title: DC Metropolitan Area (DMV) Organizing Fellow
Time & Duration: This is a temporary, part-time hourly contract position (estimated 20 hours a week in total from June 1, 2019 – July 31, 2019, with a possibility of extension)
Position Summary: The DMV Organizing Fellow will work under the supervision of the Research and Development Coordinator to support the organization’s organizing efforts around Temporary Protected Status (TPS) in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Outreach to Nepali TPS holders in the DMV by phone-banking, one-on-one meetings, and coordinate to bring new members and engage current members.
- Provide logistical support to facilitate meetings and KYR sessions with Nepali TPS holders and align our TPS work in the DMV with our immigrant group partners;
- Help design and execute a strategic plan around organizing TPS holders in the DMV area;
- Recruit and manage volunteers for events;
- Help identify Nepali TPS holders for Congressional meetings and provide logistical support as necessary;
- Track Nepali TPS holders’ information, experiences, and concerns to support the evaluation and improvement of the campaign;
- Work with the Communications team to collect member stories and pitch them to various media outlets; and
- Support other organizing and administrative duties as necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- An understanding of challenges faced by TPS holders and of the current political landscape;
- Must be based in the DMV area;
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced work setting;
- Investment in the mission and values of Adhikaar, and an ability to represent these views in campaign materials;
- Attention to detail a must;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to drive throughout the course of the fellowship (gas reimbursement available)
- Willingness to travel, work evenings and weekends; and
- Bilingual speaking ability in English AND Nepali is required. Ability to read, write in Nepali is a plus.
This is an hourly, temporary, contract position, and the fellow will be paid $15/hour. The work outlined above will total to an estimated 20 hours a week. Applications will be accepted until May 20, 2019.
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “DMV Organizing Fellow”